The new 2012 Toyota Highlander Hybrid at Kingsway Toyota in Edmonton is your perfect environmentally friendly driving choice.
The 2012 Toyota Highlander Hybrid is powered by some revolutionary technology
The 2012 Toyota Highlander Hybrid at Kingsway Toyota in Edmonton has a 3.5L 6-cylinder engine and a sealed Nickel-Metal hydride HV battery. You get just as much power as the non-hybrid Highlander V6, but with the added benefit of an enhanced fuel economy rating of 6.6L/100km in the city and 7.3L/100km on the highway. This means you get in more kilometres and fewer trips to the pump. The Highlander Hybrid delivers 280 hp and has a towing capacity of 3,500 lbs.
Toyota’s Hybrid Synergy Drive automatically determines the vehicle’s proper power distribution to ensure strong acceleration, smooth response, and top fuel economy.
So, just how does this Toyota Highlander Hybrid work?
- From starting to low speeds, the Highlander Hybrid is powered solely by a high-torque electric motor.
- Normal driving starts the gasoline engine to supplement the electric power to the wheels and also charges the battery when needed.
- Full acceleration has both gasoline and electric motors running.
- When slowing down, the gas engine shuts off.
- Coming to a stop turns off the gasoline engine.
The 2012 Highlander Hybrid has Toyota’s Star Safety System
The Star Safety System features 6 advanced accident avoidance safety technologies. From Vehicle Stability Control to Traction Control, Toyota makes your safety a standard.
The Highlander Hybrid also has Vehicle Dynamics Integrated Management. This series of sensors anticipate pending stability problems and automatically take corrective measures.
If you’re looking for a clean, green way to get around, the new 2012 Toyota Highlander Hybrid at Kingsway Toyota in Edmonton is your answer.